- 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer
- Horsham, West Sussex (own transport essential)
- £175 / day for 6 months
- Contract position with immediate start
- Advanced Microsoft experience ESSENTIAL (especially Office 365)
- MS Certification PREFERRED
- Permanent opportunities also available with the same company
A well-established IT support business with a broad range of customers requires a Contract 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer to join its team in the Horsham area. If you have your own transport, advanced Microsoft experience (especially Office 365 implementation and administration) and excellent client-facing communication skills, this is an excellent opportunity.
Joining the business as it grows both its global customer base and team, the successful Contract 2nd Line Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Providing the best 1st and 2nd line support to dynamic and successful businesses across the South East
- Supporting the team to resolve issues that come into the helpdesk acting as a point of escalation for more challenging issues
- Ensuring helpdesk tickets are resolved in a timely manner to meet our SLA targets
- Participating as a project resource as and when required
The successful candidate will ideally have Microsoft Certified Accreditations, or at least significant experience in MS applications, and be able to demonstrate an excellent knowledge of the following
- Windows Server 2008 R2/ 2012 R2, Windows 7/ 8/ 10
- Microsoft Office Software, Office 365, SharePoint and Azure
- Active Directory
- MS Exchange
In addition, any knowledge or understanding of the following would be advantageous:
- EMail security products, e.g. Mimecast/ MessageLabs
- VMware/ Hyper-V/ XenServer
- Networking knowledge covering LAN, vLAN and WAN technologies
- Dell & HP Server and SAN Hardware
- Desktops and Notebooks
- HP Switches
- Draytek, Cisco and SonicWALL Firewall and Secure Remote Access appliances
On a personal level, you will be passionate about providing good customer service to users, in an effective and timely manner, with very strong communication skills and a personable manner.
Given the semi-rural location of the office and the need to conduct customer visits, a full driving license and own transport is essential.
This is a contract vacancy lasting six months, and in reward for your efforts, you will receive circa £175 per day.
Keywords: IT Support, 2rd Line, Technical Support Engineer, Windows Server, Windows 10, Office 365, SharePoint, Azure, Active Directory, Exchange, Contract, Horsham, West Sussex
This is a contract vacancy