Working within what is an ambitious, thoroughly modern, as well as noble venture, the successful Contract Wintel Engineer will work in a team responsible for configuring, managing and maintaining platforms and networks between datacentres and cloud solutions (Azure/AWS).
Working to ITIL best practice and working in both a day-to-day 3rd line support capacity as well as on a range of projects, the Contract Wintel Engineer will ensure the smooth running of mobile application and back office systems.
Specifically, the Contract Wintel Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Deploy, configure, and maintain server estates primarily in Azure, the physical datacentre as required, and network interconnectivity between sites
- Automate wherever possible using Infrastructure as Code, scripting and associated tooling
- Monitor systems and identify performance issues proactively
- Test all changes to networks, hardware, software, and hosted applications
- Resolve issues and prepare status reviews and reports
- Professionally represent the infrastructure team as a technical consultant on projects
- Maintain the necessary project plans and documentation of all system builds and modifications
- Interact and coordinate with vendors, suppliers, distributors and contract consultants
- Support all Back-office solutions including Office 365 product suite
- Managing live Wintel environments
- Cloud solutions such as Azure or AWS
- Small scale network support experience encompassing knowledge of LAN, Checkpoint, Juniper and/or Meraki
In addition, knowledge and experience of the following would be advantageous:
- Automation through use of PowerShell, Cloudformation, and/or Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- Cloud Hybris experience
- Experience of deploying and managing IIS and SQL Server
This is a genuinely excellent opportunity for a Contract Wintel Engineer to join an ambitious and technology-driven organisation working within an industry willing to challenge the status quo; and to work within a modern team of people passionate about technology and the business at large.
In terms of day rate, this is open to discussion and negotiation.
Keywords: Contract, Challenger Bank, Mobile Banking, Mobile Banking, Financial Services, Wintel Engineer, Cloud (Azure / AWS), 3rd Line, LAN, Checkpoint, Juniper, Meraki, ITIL, Angel/Islington Area, Central London
This is a contract vacancy