We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled Data Scientist / Engineer in the UK to join our client’s interdisciplinary team in New York City. Working closely with a world-class team of chemists, biologists, machine learning engineers, researchers, and computer scientists, this high impact role will offer an exciting opportunity to create vital data infrastructure for our client’s drug discovery efforts.
The company is backed by one of our generation's most remarkable minds and has significant funding at their dispersal. The position will allow you to work with the most advanced technology available as the company strives to become a leader in early drug discovery. The company aims on becoming leaders in the industry through enhancing cutting-edge technology which, at an atomic level, tracks and enables the ability to understand targeted molecules faster than before. They design precisely targeted, highly selective drugs for the treatment of various diseases. They develop and refine advanced biomolecular modelling methods, software, and machine learning techniques to pursue both internal and collaborative drug discovery programs.
- Creating systems and infrastructure for modelling, curating, and indexing petabytes of data generated by special-purpose supercomputers and large Linux HPC and GPU clusters
- Implementing pipelines for processing computational and experimental data sets
- Developing and maintaining data management policies and toolkits for drug discovery data processing
- Extensive experience with large-scale data management
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience with ML systems, frameworks, and data lifecycles
- Background in data structures and algorithms
- Experience of large-scale chemical databases,
- Experience architecting infrastructure for life science data
- Fluency with UNIX/Linux command-line skills and tools such as awk and sed
- Extensive experience writing scientific software
If you have a track record of achievement, intellectual curiosity and versatility, we'd love to hear from you!
Please apply with your CV / resume and cover letter (optional) to join an innovative team that truly aims to make a difference in the world of drug discovery.
If you have any questions about the role or would like to recommend someone who would be suitable for this position, please feel free to send an email to email@example.com