The purpose of role is to provide expertise in the analysis of data, visualisation, modelling and interpretation to drive their strategy for Big Data and intelligent manufacture. The Data Scientist will be a central role in designing and managing the big Data architecture as well as leading the development of quantitative methods for advanced product & process characterisation.
The core responsibilities are:
- Collaborating with scientists at all levels internally to develop methods for data analysis and visualisation for key projects for GMP batch release, process, product characterisation, translational and clinical data sets.
- Analyse and summarise complex datasets using relevant descriptive statistics and other statistical methods.
- Interpret statistics from biological assays to advise functions across the company on experimental design, and analysis of assay qualification / validation.
- Write scripts using programming languages for the automation of data analysis.
- Provide input into the Big Data system architecture to allow data mining using state of the art cloud based methods for example.
- Critically assess data and model complex datasets
- Present results to internal and external stakeholders.
- PhD in a relevant are e.g. Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Engineering, Data Science etc.
- Strong programming skills including using R and / or Python
- Experience with statistical analysis and data visualisation techniques.
- Expertise with databases e.g. Postgres, MySQL, Redis, Neo4j is advantageous
- Experience of data clustering techniques and network analysis is advantageous
- Experience of cloud computing e.g. AWS, Google Cloud or Azure is advantageous.
The company have developed unique T – Cell technologies that are innovative and life changing for patients that suffer from autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. As well as having the potential to prevent the rejection of new organs following transplant. This technology is based on modular, engineered Tregs.
They are engineering T – Cells ex vivo that suppress the immune system and have the ability to direct the cells to the right area of the body. They are now expanding their operations as their cell therapies progress to clinical trials, develop their pipeline further and develop manufacturing operations for Phase I trials.
As a company they are led by some of the leading minds in their field are driven and committed to the development of therapies that are life changing to patients. With the vision to develop a global biopharmaceutical company that is bringing cell therapies for a range of diseases beyond their current pipeline.