- Despatch Clerk & Admin Support
- Location: Hayes
- Ideal for someone looking to advance their career within the logistics and freight forwarding sector
Alex Dobson is recruiting for an exciting opportunity as a Despatch Clerk & Admin Support for a leading Pharmaceutical Supply Chain company based near Heathrow Airport.
The company are a dedicated medical supply company that source and distribute pharmaceutical, consumable supplies and medical equipment to healthcare professionals around the world. They have become leading players within this sector and are able to tender to each client’s supply needs whether that is a local project, right up to national scale tenders. The company’s main divisions incorporate International Sales, Clinical Trials Supplies, Unlicensed Medicines, Managed Access Programmes and the distribution of medical products. They are in the process of moving into a new warehouse space which is over 30,000 sq foot and situated very close to Heathrow Airport. This allows them to store goods in ‘Warm Rooms’, ‘Ambient Rooms’ and ‘Cold Chain Rooms’.
- To enter all necessary data on to the in-house computer system.
- To communicate with customers via telephone, e-mail and fax.
- To organise, manage and file own paperwork.
- To file general departmental paperwork when required.
- To carry out general office duties.
- To share the responsibility for data-entry along with other members of the department.
- To provide general back up to the Logistics Team Leader and Logistics Manager.
- To complete the ‘Track and Trace’ process using the internet.
- To carry out the despatch process including preparing despatch notes using the Durbin in-house system.
- To raise Airway Bills and prepare all other relevant logistics paperwork.
- To prepare all labels and labelling for despatch of goods.
- To prepare all necessary paperwork for various courier, freight and shipping services.
- To prepare invoices using the Durbin in-house system.
- To provide an excellent level of service to all internal and external customers.
- Other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time by company managers, including delegated duties during the absence of colleagues.
- Five year work history
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills.
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
- Knowledge of freight documentation.
- Capable of working unsupervised in a fast paced environment.
- Eye for detail.
- Organised and able to multi-task.
- Good communicator, on all levels.
- Knowledge of NES/Customs Entry/Chief.
- Knowledge of dangerous goods.
- Knowledge of pharmaceuticals.
- Freight experience, sea, air and land.
- Office experience.
Logistics, Clerk, Despatch, Dispatch, Admin, Shipments, Courier, Sea, Air, Land, NES, Customs Entry, Chief, Dangerous Goods, Office,, Data Entry, Pharmaceutical, Supply Chain, Logistics, Warehousing, Goods, produce, production, GMP, GDP, SOP’s, COSHH.
This is a permanent position.