The MSAT team needs additional expertise to meet the growing volume of products moving form R&D to commercial manufacture. This group plays a key role in the company because it is positioned between the contract manufacturing part of the company and the discovery R&D teams. With the aim to translate what is developed in the innovative discovery team to GMP manufacture using their leading expertise to seek solutions to make this happen.
The purpose of the Process Development Scientist is to focus on the translation of in vitro enzymatic processes for nucleic acids to develop final products. Working as part of a wider team in collaboration with Senior Scientists and the Group Leader. You will be developing manufacturing processes for DNA, support industrial scale up, and tech transfer of developed methods. Working from the bench implementing the experimental programmes that you will contribute to the design of and then capturing the data to support the developmental projects.
- Contribute to the design of experimental programmes and execute these in the laboratories.
- Conduct bioprocessing experiments such as chromatography and tangential flow filtration for example.
- Apply molecular biology techniques such as cloning, PCR, mutagenesis in relation to DNA characterisation.
- Execute the processes for the production and purification of DNA and related material.
- Keep highly detailed laboratory notebooks and records of experiments to write technical reports to a high standard.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
For this opportunity, you will need to have:
- An MSc or BSc or equivalent commercial experience in a relevant Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry, Molecular Biology or relevant Discipline.
- Commercial experience of CMC / Process Development / MSAT within Biotech / Pharma or CDMO environment.
- Demonstrable expertise in the production and purification of DNA or related material at a small lab based scale
- Familiarity with the tools for the characterisation of DNA.
- Familarity with tangential flow filtration or chromatography
- Molecular biology expertise such as PCR, mutagenesis relating to DNA characterisation
- Experiencer with enzymatic processes in a commercial setting is advantageous to your application.
A pioneering company who have developed a revolutionary platform technology for the in vitro DNA amplification method for the production of synthetic DNA that can be used in therapeutics, viral vectors, diagnostic, and synthetic biology applications. They are based in state-of-the-art laboratories in Hampton and are a dynamic company who are leaders in the field with great potential going forward that is now being realised as they enter a phase of growth.
The Translational Group are responsible for developing gene therapies and DNA based vaccines alongside external collaborative projects to develop methods and manufacture DNA for use in clinical trials. Behind this there are others in the development pipeline to be realised. This is a growing function with the Manufacturing Scientist adding to this to further develop their capabilities.