Alex Dobson is recruiting for a Driver with a Warehouse background to join an expanding Medical Supply organisation in Hayes. You will be assisting in the transportation of goods between company locations and external suppliers. When you are not delivering goods, you will be expected to help in the Warehouse which is why you must have come from a warehouse background. The working hours are 8-5 and they are looking for someone to start ASAP.
Please note you need to be over 25 years of age for this position for insurance purposes.
The company are a dedicated medical supply company that source and distribute pharmaceutical, consumable supplies and medical equipment to healthcare professionals around the world. They have become leading players within this sector and are able to tender to each client’s supply needs whether that is a local project, right up to national scale tenders. The company’s main divisions incorporate International Sales, Clinical Trials Supplies, Unlicensed Medicines, Managed Access Programmes and the distribution of medical products. They are in the process of moving into a new warehouse space which is over 30,000 sq foot and situated very close to Heathrow Airport. This allows them to store goods in ‘Warm Rooms’, ‘Ambient Rooms’ and ‘Cold Chain Rooms’.
- To drive the company vehicles, between company locations as required
- To drive company vehicles hired by the company, for the purpose of delivering or collecting goods, documents, persons or other materials locally and over longer distances.
- To ensure that company vehicles are roadworthy and are cleaned and serviced regularly.
- To supervise or enable loading and unloading of vehicles, ensuring the appropriate paperwork is completed.
- To provide temperature reports to RP’s when necessary.
- To maintain a clean driving license.
- Over 25 years old (for insurance purposes)
- Full clean driving license
- Warehouse experience.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Good PC skills, including Microsoft Office and Excel.
- Data entry skills.
- Fundamental understanding of COSHH.
- In good health and able to lift up to 25kg.
- Pro-active approach.
This is a permanent position.