They are looking for someone who is excited about joining a rapidly growing team, and who has a passion for being involved in pioneering medical advances.
This person will have a history of being able to manage projects and time along with working in a multidisciplinary team, providing technical expertise, and ultimately delivering to deadlines in a commercial environment.
As Engineering manager, you will:
- Manage a team of Product Development Engineers - allocating projects, timelines, instigate reporting and feedback procedures.
- Be responsible for maintaining the discipline of the team and ensuring their output is maintained and verified at a high-level.
- Report to the VP of R&D to represent the Engineering team in management meetings to ensure company delivers new product development in accordance commercial requirements.
- Manage the Documentation of Engineering developments.
- Contribute to mechanical designs.
- Manage the transfer to manufacture of the company’s products and any in-house manufacturing work.
- Manage the planning and implementation of projects.
- Write/contribute to documents for the device Technical File where appropriate.
- Support, from a technical perspective, the company’s products during the life cycle of the devices.
- Implement a best practice culture of development in line with ISO 13485 continuous improvement principles.
The Skills and Experience
- Graduate Engineer or equivalent.
- At least four years’ experience within a multidisciplinary Engineering environment, ideally working on medical devices.
- Ability to deliver projects, through management of the team, in accordance with commercial timelines and objectives.
- Ability to be a technical authority on a system or sub-system and provide guidance to the rest of team.
- Expert use of CAD programs, preferably SolidWorks.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Professional use of Microsoft packages – including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Preferable but not essential
- Experience of ISO 13485:2016
- Knowledge of compliance testing requirements
- Experience of Medical Device design and manufacture