This is a fantastic opportunity for a Engineering Manager who has a passion for wanting to combine technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to maximise the return on investment made in chemistry every year. This international client provides retrosynthesis and reproducibility software for chemistry and drug discovery. They have developed and are commercialising data rich platform technologies for the digitization of chemistry. They have offices in France, the UK and Germany and are currently approximately 50 in size.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who is wanting to be part of a pivotal breakthrough within the chemistry industry. On offer is a highly competitive salary with extensive benefits including remote working, quick career progression and the ability to use emerging technology within the life science industry.
- Lead and manage a team of software engineers.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, QA, and other stakeholders to define and prioritize requirements.
- Ensure that the team's efforts are aligned with the overall business goals and objectives.
- Set and monitor team and individual goals, including KPIs and personal development plans.
- Foster a culture of technical excellence.
- Hold regular one-on-one meetings with all team members to provide support, guidance, and feedback.
- Coach and mentor team members, providing opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Drive continuous improvement in the software development process.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
- 1-2 years of experience managing software development teams.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, or relevant work experience.
- Extensive experience in both backend and frontend development, frontend, preferably using Spring Boot and React.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive. relationships and earn the trust of team members and stakeholders.
- Strong experience with agile development methodologies.
- Hands-on experience implementing Continuous Delivery processes.
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for action.