A new position has arisen in Swindon for a Production Engineering Technician with some experience from a regulated clean room environment. You will work 3 x 12-hour days, then 3 off, then 3 x 12-hour nights, then 3 off, and for this you will receive 50% (yes, 50%!) shift allowance, taking your earnings up to around £40,000. If you are a capable Engineer with a mechanical / electrical background, preferably gained through an apprenticeship and some further experience (ideally in a GMP or ISO clean room), this will be an excellent career opportunity.
A well established, expanding and highly respected contract manufacturing and packaging organisation who service a global customer base. The Swindon operation offers “state-of-the art” automated production facilities manufacturing and packaging fast dissolving drug doses. The company offer innovative solutions with high quality, service and delivery standards in a fully cGMP compliant environment.
This is a varied shift based role (revolving 3 x 12 hour days / 3 off / 3 x 12-hour nights / 3 off) covering the following responsibilities:
- Carry out planned maintenance on production machinery in line with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Diagnose causes of, and repair equipment breakdowns. Focusing on a “First Time Fix” methodology.
- Carry out root cause analysis of plant downtime as required, embedding a robust improvement philosophy within the engineering team.
- Carry out tool changes on production equipment to within established methods and quality standards.
- Use the engineering computer system to record all work, to enable accurate machine history and effectively planned routine maintenance records.
- Accurately complete all relevant operational documentation to a high standard as required.
- Provide detailed handovers at the end of each shift when required.
- Ensure all work complies with SOP’s and site Health & Safety standards.
- Refurbish spare parts and other components as directed by the Engineering Shift Manager.
- Work with and assist contractors and project teams on installation work.
- Support efforts to improve equipment reliability as directed by the site management.
- Support Operational Excellence initiatives as directed by the Engineering Shift Manager.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards at all times.
- Assist with machine engineering improvements as directed by the Engineering Shift Manager.
- Deliver greater plant reliability through effective engineering practices, always aiming for sustainable greater uptime and reliability of plant and equipment through all/any engineering activities carried out.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Production Engineer, ideally whose career started with an apprenticeship. You must have some experience in a regulated production setting, ideally a following GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) standards, perhaps from the Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Diagnostics or Food manufacturing / packaging industries. You will need to feel comfortable working alternating day / night shifts and you will ideally have your own transport. If you have knowledge / training in 17th Edition City & Guilds 2382-15, 17th Edition C&G 2382-15 etc, this would be a big advantage.
This is a permanent position