Do you have experience gained in an aseptic GMP pharmaceutical / biopharmaceutical manufacturing environment, and an educational background in Microbiology, Biotechnology, Molecular Biology or similar? A new role has arisen at a highly successful and pioneering cell therapy organisation in Stevenage, Herts, for a QC Technician.
This is a permanent position, on site full-time in Stevenage, with a good salary plus excellent benefits.
Working in a fast-paced lab / GMP area you will:
- Perform routine viable and non-viable environmental monitoring
- Ensure the smooth efficient running of QC processes, including sample collection, transportation, storage and disposal of environmental monitoring samples
- Conduct biosafety and microbial contamination testing using techniques such as PCR, Endotoxin, BacT/Alert and direct inoculation
- Undertake a range of analytical work to support environmental monitoring, testing of raw materials, excipients, in-process samples and final products
- Review data before submission to other departments
- Support Out of Specification investigations
This organisation is at the forefront of cell and gene therapy in the UK and elsewhere. They have a strong reputation for career development opportunities, a busy and varied working environment and genuine collaboration between internal and external parties. Full details of the company, benefits package and overall opportunity will be provided on application.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Good qualification (ideally BSc / MSc or similar) in Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology or similar
- Some experience of QC gained within a commercial GMP manufacturing setting, ideally in a Biologics / Biopharmaceutical organisation, preferably with aseptic / sterile exposure
- Knowledge of a range of techniques, including endotoxin, bioburden, PCR, SDS-PAGE etc (training will be provided for techniques you have not encountered before)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work with people at all levels
- Great attention to detail and ability to maintain and manage a range of documentation
- Pragmatic, open-minded, emotionally intelligent, positive and respectful approach to your work
We are looking for a hard-working, committed individual with excellent attention to detail. The micro function requires someone who is observant and works in a diligent way, so you will need to show that you have a passion for scientific innovation and are keen to build on your knowledge of advanced micro techniques. The company has recently expanded from 6 to 12 clean room suites, so this will be a perfect opportunity for you to use your range of QC Microbiology skills and be part of something genuinely exciting.
Please get in touch ASAP for further details!