An urgent vacancy has arisen for a Formulation Development Scientist, to join a leading Pharmaceutical organisation in Swindon, Wiltshire. Are you a passionate about Chemistry and do you have a good fundamental understanding of drug formulation and development within a commercial GMP / GLP setting? If so, this will be an excellent opportunity to develop your skills and experience, initially on a 3-month basis but with a strong likelihood of this being extended to 6 months or more. The pay is up to £25,000 (paid as an hourly rate) and the experience you gain here will be extremely valuable for your future career in Formulation Development and Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
A major Pharmaceutical service organisation based in Swindon, Wiltshire. Across 30+ sites worldwide, the company offers a range of drug development, manufacturing, packaging and distribution services to the global pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. The Swindon site is a R&D and manufacturing facility, producing both large and smaller quantities of patented products, including some sterile processing. This is an excellent environment in which to gain new experiences and develop your skills.
This is a challenging and engaging Formulation Development position which will suit someone with a Chemistry-focused degree and some commercial GMP / GLP experience. You will undertake the following:
- Manufacture of GMP batches for clinical and stability studies and to perform experimental studies.
- Contribute to experimental design for assigned activities.
- To compile and evaluate experimental data and make recommendations.
- To evaluate product and process using appropriate techniques e.g. physical stability.
- Assist in the development of suitably robust products of adequate quality to enable smooth transition to scale up, demonstration and validation activities.
- Contribute to initiatives to increasing product capability & intellectual property.
- Ensure assigned activities are completed within agreed timelines and in compliance with company, customer and regulatory requirements.
The successful candidate will have a strong Chemistry education (BSc or MSc / MChem). You also will need to have some experience in Formulation Development, ideally gained in a GMP / GLP regulated commercial environment (though candidates will be considered from smaller R&D / academic settings providing you have still gained skills in formulation development and associated activities).
You will ideally be able to start at short notice and be happy to work on a contract basis for 3 months initially, with the potential for extension beyond this.
Full details will be provided on application, so apply now!