As the Head of Analytical Development you will leading a team with responsibility for the management and execution of analytical development programmes. These programmes are to support the translation of novel therapies to cross the translational gap to reach the clinic. Through the development of bespoke assays to support process & manufacturing development and characterisation of therapies under development. To complement the focus on their R&D activities you will provide technical expertise and support onboarding activities to their Manufacturing facilities based in the UK.
- Support the CSO and Executive team in the development of short and long term strategies for analytical development and characterisation of advanced therapies.
- Lead the implementation of strategies and objectives for the group which includes managing priorities with the process, analytical and manufacturing development groups.
- Working with internal stakeholders and SME’s to ensure the successful scoping of development programmes and their delivery.
- Ensure developed methods are GMP ready, their FTO, and IP position is clear for their transition to commercial use.
- Lead a team of Lead Scientists and their direct reports to deliver programmes within budget and on time.
- Work closely with manufacturing centres for the onboarding of analytical processes.
- Work within the wider R&D team to coordinate analytical development requirements for projects.
- Lead the dissemination and update of developed platforms internally and with partners.
- Analytical Development experience within the Cell & Gene Therapy Sector
- Experience of developing GMP ready process and tech transfer
- Experience of leading high performing teams
- Experience of strategy development and implementation
- Experience in developing training programmes focused on scientific theory.
- Experience in the development of new collaborations, project proposals and creation of project plans.
- Expertise in molecular biology techniques such as PCR, flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays and cell-based assays.
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.