A new and exciting human factors consultancy based in Bristol, is looking for a driven and ambitious individual to join the team. They are offering a competitive salary based on experience, as well as a great benefits package including a 10% bonus. The role is a permanent position and offers a flexible work structure. Reporting directly to the Directors, the position of Human Factors Consultant is responsible for applying human factors techniques and theory to support the delivery of client projects. The role will include working on the planning, execution and reporting, of formative and summative (validation) HF studies, generation of task analysis, use-related risk analysis, and other supporting HF documentation. Human Factors Consultants will be given opportunities to develop their core skills working in a consultancy, including project management and client care.
- Understand the role of HFE within the medical device development process. Including the identification of applicable HFE activities and requirements at different stages of the design process.
- Deliver high quality HF projects to clients, on time and on budget as part of a wider team.
- Write study protocol, discussion guides and supporting documentation for formative and summative HF studies.
- Have an awareness of project budgets and schedules
- Confidently and independently moderate usability test sessions in accordance with the study protocol.
- Identify adverse events and protocol deviations during fieldwork, and where required perform accurate and appropriate reporting.
- Accurately analyse and synthesize study data confidently and efficiently in accordance with study objectives (e.g. data manipulation in Excel).
- Accurately collect data through direct observation or post-hoc analysis of video.
- Gather root cause data during test sessions and perform expert root cause analysis, trend identification and extrapolation of commercially sensitive recommendations.
- Author concise and accurate study reports in appropriate technical writing style whilst ensuring data integrity.
- Generate engaging and on-brand presentations using MS PowerPoint and Adobe CC Suite.
- Support presentation and dissemination of study results confidently to clients.
- Confidently apply good research practices such as taking informed consent, data privacy considerations and ethical best practices and demonstrate proactivity in keeping up to date with changes in applicable standards and best practices (e.g. BHBIA).
- Generate documentation of use-related risk assessments to help inform new device developments.
- Work in a flexible and organised manner to support working across multiple projects running concurrently.
- Manage own time and workload and prioritise tasks.
- Have a high degree of interpersonal and communication skills to work with cross-functional teams and audiences, including client teams.
- Work independently and as part of a team where required.
- Exhibit professional behaviour with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
- Understand and maintain awareness of the quality consequences which may occur from the improper performance of their specific job.
- Contribute to the culture and ongoing development of the wider team skill set through knowledge sharing.
- Support a friendly and open work culture for fellow employees where trust and communication are highly valued.
Experience and Education
- Degree or higher in Human Factors Engineering, or relevant related subject.
- Understanding of the product development process.
- High attention to detail and precise data handling and analytical skills.
- Technical report writing skills.
- Ability to travel when and where required.
- Good time management skills and an ability to work well under pressure.
- Honesty and integrity with team members and client communication.
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Full time position (37.5hrs) based in Bristol City Centre, with opportunities for flexible working
- 25 days holiday a year + 8 bank holidays
- Group Company Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Dedicated employee training budgets
- Company bonus scheme