Location: Remote (UK)
Salary: A highly competitive salary (based on experience) accompanied with an annual bonus
Do you have a Masters, PhD or BSc degree in Ergonomics, Human Factors or something similar paired with previous experience in either a consultancy, medical device company, pharmaceutical company or any of the major regulated industries? If so, then this brand-new opportunity could be a fantastic career move for you!
An innovative user centered consultancy focused on changing people’s lives through the devices they create in the medical devices sector, is looking to bring on a Human Factors Consultant. This remote role is offering a highly competitive salary, 10% bonus and other great benefits.
Do not miss out on joining an exciting, pioneering company looking to make a change to the world one medical device at a time!
- Strategic planning
- Risk analysis
- contributing to the creation of formative studies.
- Involvement in rigorous testing, analysis and summative studies during development and verification stages.
Other duties will include the reporting of the studies and developing business through supporting the sales team during meetings and proposals.
Skills and Experience
We understand that candidates may not have all of the skills and experience contained within our job adverts and as such we would encourage you to apply for the role or just call us for a chat if you do not quite match all of the requirements:
- Previous experience with Human Factors, ideally including Medical Device experience
- Understanding of the following standards and guidance: IEC 62366-1 / ISO 14971 / FDA Guidelines: Applying Human Factors and Usability Engineering to Medical Devices
- Some experience in working on HF programmes, predominantly in the UK and US, including formative and summative/validation studies
- Understanding of HF relating to risk management, usability, design/engineering, testing
- HF study planning / design
- Protocol drafting
- Participant recruitment management
- Study moderation, observation, data capture
- Use error and root cause analysis
- Reporting / presenting recommendations
- HF experience with medical devices, digital user interfaces, packaging, labelling and instructions for use
- Ability to work within design control under quality management systems
If you have any questions about the role or would like to recommend someone who would be suitable for this position, please feel free to send an email or a copy of the persons up to date CV to email@example.com.