- Import Assistant Manager
- Manage team workload and ensure the smooth running of the day-to-day operation.
- Award winning logistics company.
- Career path and training mapped out to help move your career forward within the company.
- Salary and commission dependent on your experience.
Alex Dobson is recruiting for an Import Assistant Manager who is looking to forward their career within the Freight Forwarding industry. The Import Assistant Manager will play a vital role in supporting the Import Manager in managing and growing a high performing team of operators coordinating import clearances and deliveries of international shipments. This fantastic opportunity has been created due to their continuous investment in business expansion, staff development and technologies.
The company are an internationally recognized, Award Winning logistics company with an ever‐expanding worldwide clientele. They offer expertise in organizing the most effective worldwide transportation of cargo across sea, air, road and rail. The company are a profitable market leader continuously striving to improve performance and market share.
The Import Assistant Manager will play a key role in supporting the Import Manager in managing and growing a high performing team of operators coordinating import clearances and deliveries of international shipments. Key responsibilities includes:
- Manage team workload and ensure smooth running of the day-to-day operation
- Drive customer service excellence by ensuring the team is meeting specific KPI targets and observing with Standard Operation Procedures
- Ensuring department framework and procedures are adhered by operators
- Act as the main point for customer service issues
- Account Management of key clients with development and implementation of growth and retention strategy
- Negotiate rates with suppliers in order to maximise efficiencies and profitability
- Ensure all department administrative and accounting functions are completed with accuracy and within agreed timescales and deadlines
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients in order to explore opportunities to develop further business
- Support the import manager in motivating and engaging the team through training, coaching, performance management and appraisal
- Provide timely and accurate management information as required
- Knowledge of the import ocean freight industry and import customs processes
- At least 2 years ocean freight experience
- Some supervisory experience
- Customer service orientated
- Knowledge of import customs clearance requirements
- Proven experience in leading a small team and strong leadership skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritising skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills with ability to build strong customer relationships
- Commercially minded with the ability optimise profitability whilst still adding value to clients
What they offer
- Competitive remuneration package, pension scheme, childcare voucher
- Multi-Award Winning staff development programme with structured on-boarding and development plan
- Full time permanent position offering genuine career development opportunities
- Great work environment in a friendly office with genuine support from a dedicated team of enthusiastic professionals
Logistics, Freight Forwarding, Sea Freight, Air Freight, Land Freight, Supply Chain, Sales, Customer Service, Business Development, Import, Export, Selling, New Business, SOP’s, leadership, Ipswich, Suffolk.
This is a permanent position.