As a company they have developed an end-to-end manufacturing process for AAV which they are now using to support the growth of the Cell & Gene Therapy Sector. The Lead Scientist will take full responsibility for the management of a team and the design, planning, and execution of development programmes for AAV and Lentiviral vectors.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the development of the strategy for viral vector process development working with the CSO, MD R&D, and Head of Viral Vectors.
- Deliver viral vector development programmes using your technical expertise and work with relevant subject matter experts.
- Keep the group at the cutting edge of R&D by incorporating the latest developments in this area.
- Work closely with key external and internal stakeholders to ensure programmes are fully assessed to ensure they benefit the wider industry.
- PhD in relevant area and commercial experience within the Cell & Gene Therapy Sector.
- Demonstrable experience of working with Viral Vectors
- Experience of the Upstream Bioprocessing / Process Development of viral vectors
- Experience of Cell line development
- Experience of working with AKTA, chromatography, filtration, and other purification techniques.
- Experience of molecular biology techniques such as flow cytometry and PCR
- Understanding of CMC and / or GMP Ready process is desirable.
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.