My client are an independent healthcare communications agency based in the North East of England. They work across a range of brands within the health, well being and active lifestyle sector and have an exciting opportunity for a talented Creative/Medical Copywriter to join their growing and busy team.
They are looking for a writing hybrid – an accomplished writer who is able to write creatively and technically, crafting compelling scientific/technical content and attractive, persuasive promotional copy dependent on the audience, communications objective and media.
This will be someone who is conceptually strong, but enthusiastic about developing a deep understanding of client data, products and therapy areas, which they are then able to convert into key messages that resonate with readers.
You will be experienced enough to hit the ground running, but with room to grow and develop as part of the team, you should be prepared to embrace a wide variety of work, researching, originating and editing copy across a range of clients and delivering to multiple agreed deadlines.
You will work across a varied portfolio, from ethical healthcare to animal health to nutrition, creating copy for a wide range of materials – adverts, e-detailers, detail aids, leave pieces, brochures, conference materials, direct mail, emailers, websites, apps, training materials and presentations.
You will also be involved in the creative and strategic process, working with account teams and creative teams to develop original, impactful conceptual ideas and solutions.
- At least two years’ experience writing for a healthcare agency, pharma company or similar.
- Minimum 2:1 degree in life science or science communications (or equivalent experience). A postgraduate qualification is preferred but not essential.
- Able to write confidently and accurately from original research papers as well as adapt scientific-led content from an international to UK-appropriate version.
- Able to produce highlighted referencing pack where required.
- A working knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry and healthcare advertising landscape, including the ABPI code of practice and MCA guidelines (UK experience is essential).
- Ability to integrate scientific and technical understanding with commercial objectives.
- Must work well as part of a team – mixing with creatives, designers, digital specialists and the client service team.
- Be comfortable working collaboratively with clients insitu and remotely, challenging where appropriate but also resilient in taking constructive criticism.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and enjoy working across a variety of different brands and therapy areas.
- Self-motivated, responsible and driven to deliver excellent work.
- In-depth knowledge of Word.
- Good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Excel
- Familiarity with Zinc
- Use of management information systems for recording work in progress and project/task management
Is this for you? For a full job brief and information about the company ,please get in touch.
Medical copywriter, conceptual copywriter, healthcare, durham, nothumberlannd, MedComms, Medical communications, Healthcare Communications, PhD, BSc, Healthcare advertising, Medical Information, healthcare marketing, Pharmaceutical, biotechnology, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Ethical Healthcare, RX, MedComms Agency, MedComs Agency, BSc, Science. Zinc, ABPI,
This is a permanent role