This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned, senior level medial writer with over 6 years of experience to join a global agency that offer high-quality medical writing and editing services to multinational pharmaceutical companies, clinical research organizations, and researchers worldwide. They work with over 25 pharmaceutical clients located in the UK, US, EU, and APAC and require a highly experienced candidate to join their team of world-class medical writers and work in a dynamic, fast-paced global role as a Scientific Director. In particular, they are looking for someone with expertise in the therapeutic areas of oncology and cardiology and publications specialist.
- Advanced ability to write and edit medical publications and layout posters and PowerPoint slides; researches journals; medical/copy editor; critical thinker; ensures quality control/data accuracy and compliance
- Maintains and develops relationship with Clients, Publication Leaders and vendor-provided Global Publication Associates as well as clients Global Publication Directors; communicate directly with clients scientific community Biostats and Analysis & Reporting teams.
- deep understanding of medical publications strategies; Developing strategy, planning, and implementation of publication plans
- Identifying training needs for the team and working with the Quality and Training manager to identify/develop appropriate training programs
- Delivering medical writing seminars and workshops to thought leaders and clinical/scientific investigators in a variety of locations, worldwide (in person and via webinar technologies)
The deal candidate has the following profile:
- Advanced life science or medical degree (PhD, PharmD, or MD)
- 6+ years of medical writing experience in the pharmaceutical and medical communications domain, preferably in an agency environment and including both publication and medical communication activities along with CMPP certification (preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to work across therapeutic areas
- Excellent writing, reviewing, and communication skills
- Ability to develop strategy and tactics for publication plans (including but not limited to publication planning development, regional publication planning, gap analysis, literature surveillance, thought leader plans, and communication platforms)
- Thorough understanding of DataVision.
- Dynamic personality
London, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, principal medical writer, editorial team leader, science, scientific, healthcare, health, phd, medical communications, publications, publication planning, strategy, Datavision, cardiology, oncology, homeworking, publishing, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, life science, medical education.