My client is looking for an NPI Process Scientist based in Sligo, Ireland. In your new role you will provide technical/engineer support and program management to all relevant functional departments and NPI's throughout the site. You will get the opportunity to pioneer new and innovative ways to implement new products to site and improve existing processes which have a remarkable impact on patient lives.
So, if you are interested in the opportunity and want to learn more, please apply, and we will be in touch.
Key activities of the Role:
- Execution of process development on existing products or new late stage clinical products including scale up to plant equipment.
- Providing on-the-floor technical support to the Production Team Leaders for process/equipment optimization and troubleshooting.
- Process and equipment optimisation in order to sustain and improve process chemistry, product quality, yields and throughput. Making recommendations and implementing measures to improve production systems, equipment performance, efficiency and quality of product.
- Support of process front runs / use tests for both NPI and commercial processes.
- Development of process control recipes for NPIs and optimisation of existing commercial process recipes
- Provide engineering support to all manufacturing and digital control system related issues. Tasks include, daily trouble shooting, optimisation, cost reduction, training and coaching of manufacturing personnel.
- Support of all commissioning and validation activities during project start-up.
- Identifying continuous improvement activities and leading or participating in cross-functional teams to implement.
- Identification and project management of continuous improvement projects.
- Development and update of batch and cleaning documentation for NPIs
- Adheres to and supports all EHS&E standards, procedures and policies.
Experience and Education to ensure success in the Role:
- Degree, or higher, in chemical engineering, process engineering or related technical discipline.
- 2+ years experience in process engineering
- Experience of batch processing, automation, technical transfers, scale up, commissioning and validation in a cGMP pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in new product introductions to pharmaceutical facilities is desirable.
- Demonstrate project management skills, including the ability to deliver projects on schedule, within budget, and meeting the predefined quality requirements.
This is a full time, permanent, on site positon.