Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Purchasing professional with direct purchasing/ sourcing experience. The role is a key one and will involve the purchase of pharmaceuticals, as well as other healthcare products. The successful candidate would be expected to manage existing supplier relationships, identify new suppliers and strategically important products and improve or maintain margins on those products through more effective purchasing.
• Strategically source medicinal products to client specifications from UK and overseas markets including public and private sector tenders
• To raise purchase orders and expedite deliveries to ensure that lead-times are met and continuity of supply is maintained
• Ensuring that product cost targets are achieved and inventory levels are managed to support customer requirements, whilst preventing the accumulation of excess stock
• To identify and suggest appropriate new products in line with corporate focus and strategy
• Identifying solutions to client back orders
• Participation in selection and qualification of new vendors into the supply chain
• Experience with direct sourcing & procurement experience; ideally within the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry (but not essential).
• Self-motivated with excellent organisational skills and speed and efficiency with ability to multi-task effectively in a high-pressure and time-sensitive environment
• Effective negotiation skills and commercially driven
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
• Relationship/account management skills for suppliers of varying levels of spend
• Experience of procurement/order and inventory management software.
This role will then be site based in Watford post pandemic restrictions.