As the Project Engineer your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the technical development of the client’s vehicle projects
- Approval of all order delivery timescales in conjunction with the Project and Supply Chain Managers.
- Confirmation of build specifications – including sign off of Build BoM Resourcing Plan.
- Provision of technical direction to the Workshop Manager
- Relationship management between Lead Design Engineers, Commercial, Supply Chain Manager and Workshop Manager.
- Management of production issues, risks and opportunities.
- Identification and planning of resources needed to support bespoke build orders to meet agreed delivery dates.
- Experience of working within automotive/defence/aviation environments
- Line management experience ideally gained in low volume automotive production
- Electro-mechanical engineering background
- Experience using project management software tools such as SAP and ERP/MRP systems
- Strong negotiation skills
- Understanding of system integration and configuration management
- A degree or qualification in Project Management would be advantageous (APMP, Prince2, IOSH, LEAN)
As the Project Engineer, you will have responsibility for the delivery of products including prototypes and production products on multiple programs. You will also provide technical and project delivery support to the Project Manager. The Project Engineer will be the designated lead on cross departmental collaboration, requiring you to liaise between the design department and the workshop team leaders to ensure all technical deliverables are met. In supporting the Project Manager there will also be a requirement to prepare formal PDR and CDR and informal project stage reviews for the customer. The Project Engineer will be responsible for the co-ordination of any prototype construction through the establishment of structured frameworks such as Bill of Materials (BoM) and will also co-ordinate the transition from prototyping to full production through close liaison with the Supply Chain function. Even though you will have no direct budgetary responsibility this role is very much considered to be a stepping stone into a full Project Management role, so career progression is a definite in this role !
About the company:
My client has been well established for over 60 years in the design and manufacturing industry. They specialise in the build and maintenance of automotive products and services. They are proud of their history, leading the industry with new skills and technologies. Due to the nature of my clients work, you will need to be able to gain security clearance to perform this role.
KEYWORDS: PROJECT, ENGINEER, AUTOMOTIVE, DEFENCE, AVIATION, CAD MODELS, SOLIDWORKS, ISO9000, PRINCE2, LEAN, IOSH, APMP, WORKSHOP THEORY, WORKSHOP PRACTICE, SURREY. PERMANENT.