Job DescriptionAre you an experienced QC Manager with a strong GMP background gained in a commercial Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical production environment? A leading specialty Pharma company in Worthing, West Sussex has created a new vacancy for you to manage all laboratory aspects of a QC department, comprising 3 analytical labs. This is a genuinely exciting, varied opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong leadership skills and positive energy.
This is a permanent role with a very generous salary (around “early-to-mid 50s” depending on experience) and excellent benefits. Based on the West Sussex Coast, this could be a great long-term career move for someone looking to move to a beautiful part of the country and join an innovative, growing organisation. You will be based on site full-time, in an environment which follows Covid measures very strictly and safely.
A pioneering UK-based Pharmaceutical company specialising in the development and production of injectable and oral dose vaccines and diagnostic kits for patients who suffer from allergies. They have developed an innovative approach to immunotherapy which will be of particular interest to someone with a passion for scientific innovation and GMP / sterile production. There are around 300 employees in Worthing and the company has an excellent reputation for its fast-paced environment, pioneering science and ongoing development opportunities.
This is a varied and highly rewarding position, based around the management of a QC department, comprising Chemistry, Microbiology and Biochemistry labs, as well as a small weekend QC team. You will have 4 direct reports and around 35 indirect reports. The teams perform analytical testing of raw biological materials and vaccine / diagnostics products, using a range of state-of-the-art analysis techniques (e.g. HPLC, ELISA, SDS-PAGE and others). You will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Organising the management of QC work, both for short-term turnaround and ongoing projects
- Representing the QC department at management meetings, collaborating with QA, Development, Production and other departments
- Encouraging the teams to propose ideas and collaborate effectively
- Ensuring laboratories work within current GXP
- Making sure that analytical methods and procedures are in place and followed consistently
- Hosting laboratory audits from QA and regulatory authorities
- Maintaining Quality systems within the lab, including OOS, deviations, non-conformances, annual product reviews and change controls
- Ensuring that equipment is maintained, validated, calibrated and serviced; and ensuring the lab equipment log book process is managed correctly
- Maintaining QC budgets and department spend
This is a genuinely unique, busy and exciting role with many different aspects, presenting a real opportunity to progress to the next phase of your career. Full details, including a comprehensive job spec, will be provided on application.
In addition to a competitive salary (negotiable depending on experience, and to be discussed on application), the company offers a very good benefits package including:
- Annual bonus (discretionary and non-contractual)
- Stakeholder pension plan
- Life insurance scheme
- 25 days’ holiday
- Long term disability scheme
- Private medical plan
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree (or higher) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Microbiology, including a strong understanding of the commercial application of analytical techniques within a GMP / GLP Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical setting. You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and experience, gained in a managerial capacity within a regulated, process-led environment. Experience as a QC Team Leader / Manager in a Biopharmaceutical environment would be a particular advantage. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn, listen actively to others, and build collaborative relationships. This is a fantastic career opportunity, so please get in touch for more details.