Are you a recent graduate aiming to embark on a new career journey? Have you got a degree in Biological Science, Biochemistry, Biology, or a similar discipline? Do you have ambitions to develop your career in a commercial Biochemistry lab?
This is an exciting opportunity to join a pioneering Europe-based pharmaceutical organisation specializing in the treatment and prevention of allergies. Their unique focus is on the vaccination and prevention of conditions such as hay fever and their products are fascinating, complex, and ever-changing.
The company employs around 300 people in Worthing and has an excellent reputation for providing career development opportunities, challenging, and engaging work and a pleasant, vibrant working environment.
The role involves environmental monitoring, QC testing and laboratory compliance.
- Perform routine monitoring within classified areas to ensure all areas meet regulatory requirements
- Perform routine analytical testing on raw and source materials following Pharmacopeia
- Perform any additional analysis in support of development projects or as part of investigations for out of specifications/out of expectations
- Ensure analysis is performed in accordance to standard operating procedures, Good laboratory practice and Good manufacturing practice
- Complete all laboratory notebooks, logs, and records in accordance with good documentation practice
- Act as checker for analyst methods and test results and validate in LIMS
- Assist with laboratory equipment validation if required
- Assist with investigation of OOS and deviations after undertaking the appropriate training
- To appropriately raise and report any potential or confirmed OOS and deviations and notify the relevant departments
- Perform bench freeze on all carried out analysis/testing
- Perform and report assay and product trending
- Support projects run by Stability, Science or Process Improvement as requested
- Ensure laboratory housekeeping and safety
In addition to a competitive salary, the company offers excellent career development opportunities and the following benefits:
25 days' holiday
Stakeholder pension plan
Private medical cover
Life insurance scheme
non-contractual, discretionary annual bonus
Cycle to Work Scheme
Discounted GYM membership