Are you an experienced QC Team Leader with a strong GMP background gained in a commercial Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical production environment? A varied, fast-paced role has been created at a leading Biopharmaceutical company in Worthing, West Sussex, for a Team Leader, working in the Biochemistry QC lab which is based around the use of ELISA and other Biochemical analytical methods. This is a genuinely exciting, varied opportunity for an ambitious individual with strong leadership skills and positive energy.
You will lead a team of QC Scientists and oversee a range of QC activities, for the analysis of vaccine products that are manufactured on sight. You will work in a highly regulated, process-led environment and will undertake a range of projects as well as day-to-day team leadership and team development.
A pioneering UK-based Pharmaceutical company specialising in the development and production of injectable and oral dose vaccines and diagnostic kits for patients who suffer from allergies. They have developed an innovative approach to immunotherapy which will be of particular interest to someone with a passion for scientific innovation and GMP / sterile production. There are over 300 employees in Worthing and the company has an excellent reputation for its fast-paced environment, pioneering science and ongoing development opportunities.
This is a varied and highly rewarding position, based around the leadership of a QC team. The teams perform analytical testing of raw biological materials and vaccine / diagnostics products, using a range of state-of-the-art analysis techniques (e.g. ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting and others). You will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Manage Teams performance through regular meetings and review of objectives. Ensure regular 121 meetings with analysts.
- Monitor absence and flexi-time in line with company policy.
- Ensure training records are complete and analysts are assigned work in which they are trained in, unless under training.
- To follow Good Manufacturing Principles in all areas of work.
- Motivate the team to adopt a positive approach and support initiatives.
- Set work schedules to ensure customer needs are met, whilst maintaining GMP requirements.
- Perform assay investigations for deviations and OOS reports.
- Complete investigations and reports relating to Out of specifications, Out of trends, non-conformance in a timely manner to avoid delays in product release.
- Ensure compliance of areas to MHRA & Pharmacopoeia requirements
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree (or higher) in Biochemistry or similar including a strong understanding of the commercial application of analytical techniques within a GMP / GLP Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical setting. You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and experience, gained in a team leadership capacity within a regulated, process-led environment. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to learn, listen actively to others, and build collaborative relationships.