They are seeking an Antibody Discovery Scientist to join this rapidly developing group that specialises in the discovery of Antibodies using their proprietary techniques. Which includes a unique mammalian display platform for the identification or affinity mature novel antibody therapeutics. As a Scientist you will design and execute experimental programmes for specific projects supervise more junior members of the team. With a dual focus on the development of new platforms and management of commercial collaborations.
The responsibilities of the Scientist - includes:
- Designing and executing mammalian display experimental programmes in collaboration with team members.
- Conduct antibody discovery programmes using magnetic bead selection, flow cytometry and FACS
- Cloning of antibody sequences into lentiviral or expression plasmids
- Over expression of antibodies such as syFy FAB or IgC formats to determine biophysical properties of target binders.
- Utilise your molecular biology expertise to design and generate antibody libraries.
- Direct and supervise more junior members of the team.
They are seeking a scientist with the following experience:
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in a relevant scientific area and understanding of Antibodies.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, immunostaining, and flow cytometry
- Demonstrable experience in the use of FACS
- Experience of recombinant protein expression technologies for target proteins – specifically membrane proteins or antibodies is advantageous.
The company are a pioneering Biotech based on the outskirts of Oxford and Biotech who are developing technologies aimed at accelerating the discovery and manufacture of Cell & Gene Therapies. Their discovery technologies help develop CAR – T, CRISPR, Antibody Discovery, and Capsid R&D programmes to aid their translation to the clinic. Their manufacturing expertise aims to accelerate the development of scalable manufacture of lentiviral AAV or adenoviral based therapeutics.
They have a strong culture that is focused on scientific excellence and innovation working in a collaborative environment to ensure they continue to develop new concepts. They have a strong rewards and recognition programme ranging from on-the-spot rewards to recognising long term achievements. As a company they offer excellent career progression based on not only their expansion plans but also their track record for regular promotions, as well as providing training needed to be able to take the next step in your career.