They are seeking a Scientist Downstream Process Development to join their Process Development Group. The Scientist position involves both internal platform development and commercial projects focusing on improving and expanding capabilities for viral vector production processes.
As a Downstream Scientist you will be focusing on developing processes for purification / filtration activities for viral vector production which includes AAV, Lentiviral and Adeno – Associated vectors. The predominant techniques used for purification are chromatography, qPCR and ELISA.
The responsibilities of the Senior Scientist – Upstream Process Development includes:
- You will contribute to the design and lead the execution of primary purification experiments, scale up / scale down, and optimisation protocols.
- Work with Senior Scientists and Group Leaders in collaboration with external stakeholders to define projects and provide technical input.
- Lead projects in the laboratories to ensure delivery as set out in the planning stages.
- Using your scientific expertise to deliver solutions to complex questions and troubleshoot.
- Develop chromatographic methods e.g. AKTA and TFF systems for the processing of the vectors and therapies.
- Develop other methods such as ELISA, and qPCR for example.
- Supervise more junior members of staff, mentoring them to aid their development.
They are seeking a scientist with the following experience:
- PhD or MSc in a relevant scientific area.
- Prior experience of Downstream Process Development of Viral Vectors, VLP, T – Cells, Mammalian Cells, or related materials.
- Prior experience of working with chromatographic techniques such as AKTA.
- Prior experience of working with filtration and TFF methods.
- Experience of working to DoE and QbD principles is advantageous to your application.
- Experience in the application of statistical approaches – is advantageous to your application.
The company are a pioneering Biotech based on the outskirts of Oxford and Biotech who are developing technologies aimed at accelerating the discovery and manufacture of Cell & Gene Therapies. Their discovery technologies help develop CAR – T, T – Cell, CRISPR, Antibody Discovery, and Capsid R&D programmes to aid their translation to the clinic. Their manufacturing expertise aims to accelerate the development of scalable manufacture of lentiviral AAV or adenoviral based therapeutics.
They have a strong culture that is focused on scientific excellence and innovation working in a collaborative environment to ensure they continue to develop new concepts. They have a strong rewards and recognition programme ranging from on-the-spot rewards to recognising long term achievements. As a company they offer excellent career progression based on not only their expansion plans but also their track record for regular promotions, as well as providing training needed to be able to take the next step in your career.