They are a global company headquartered in the US with the Oxford location being responsible the development of a revolutionary technology that makes the epigenetic analysis of DNA methylation more specific, accurate, and cost effective than ever before. The long-term perspective is that this technology will become central to a host of new healthcare and research applications. What this means is the company is now developing rapidly with the need to add expertise to its R&D teams prior to expanding its operations further to realise its full potential.
They are seeking a Scientist with expertise in the creation and development of methods and optimisation of processes for genetic analysis to join their R&D team. The wider team is multidisciplinary consisting of molecular biology, bioinformatics, and chemistry. The purpose of this role is to add your expertise to further enhance and characterise their unique platform, plus develop workflows and reagents to implement it.
- Design, develop and commercialise groundbreaking genetic analysis chemistries in the laboratory.
- Design NGS experiments, and then use the data to measure performance of analytical methods and chemistries.
- Use analytical methods and assays for the characterisation and QC of novel chemistries.
- Freedom to use your scientific expertise to solve problems and trouble shoot complex issues.
- Collaborate with the broader R&D Team and senior staff for specific project activities including planning, execution, reporting and provide your technical input.
- Document developed lab scale processes for the formulation and QC of reagents to enable scalable manufacturing protocols and tech transfer activities.
They are seeking a scientist with the following experience:
- PhD in Chemistry / Biochemistry / Genetics / Molecular Biology or relevant area.
- Expertise in Chemical Biology, Nucleic Acid Chemistry, and Molecular Biology techniques.
- Experience with NGS or other Genetic analysis.
- Understanding of DNA Methylation
- Working knowledge of analytical methods such Mass HPLC, Mass Spec and NMR