The Role of Scientist:
As a Scientist you will be providing input into the design of experimental programmes and the execution of these with the purpose to support the translation of cell & gene therapies. You will be an integral member of the R&D team with a focus on the development of NGS and other assays for analytical development activities.
- Working with autonomy design and conduct analytical development experiments using NGS protocols.
- Contribute to the design of projects from an NGS and analytical perspective, working with the Senior and Lead Scientists to establish these.
- Execute lab-based R&D projects applying your knowledge of NGS to develop analytical methods for the characterisation and analytical development projects..
- Develop sequencing protocols for single cell RNAseq, gene editing and AAV product charcaterisation.
- Work with data scientists to deliver appropriate bioinformatic analysis through the provision of relevant technical and biological information.
- Collaborate with other teams within the wider R&D Group.
- Contribute to multiple Cell & / or Gene Therapies development projects at a time.
- Contribute to the development of manufacturing processes to achieve scalable manufacturing protocols.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- PhD or MSc in relevant area with additional experience.
- Experience in the development and optimisation of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Genome wide gene expression analysis.
- Experience with sequencing methods for AAV vectors or other viral vectors is advantageous but not essential
- Experience in the development of sequencing methods for gene editing is advantageous but not essential.
- Experience of collaboration with bioinformaticians or handling raw NGS data is advantageous but not essential.
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To complement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.