Job DescriptionA pioneering company who are at the centre of the Cell & Gene Therapy sector are seeking a Scientist to join their core R&D group based in Central London. They are recruiting for a Scientist with a background in pluripotent stem cells (PSC’s) and molecular Biology. To develop, design and contribute to research programmes for the translation of pluripotent stem cell-based therapies using your expertise of iPSC's and / or embryonic stem cells.
The Role of Scientist:
As a Scientist you will be providing input into the design of and driving programmes in the laboratories which are focusing on the translation of pluripotent stem cell-based therapies. With the focus on the development of bespoke expansion and differentiation protocols for iPSC or embryonic stem cells. You will be working with Senior and Lead Scientists to contribute and the influence the design of experimental programmes and then execute these in the laboratories mentoring more junior team members.
- Contribute to the design of projects, working with the Senior and Lead Scientists to establish these
- Execute lab-based R&D projects applying your knowledge of Pluripotent Stem Cells (PSC’s) to characterise and optimise expansion and differentiation processes
- Utilise your expertise if iPSC's or embryonic stem cells.
- Support the translation of research-based processes into clinical manufacturing protocols.
- Plan, write, and execute scientific protocols
- Mentor and guide more junior team members.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- PhD in relevant area is essential
- Good knowledge of iPSC and or embryonic stem cell biology
- Expertise in expansion. maintenance and differentiation.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture and analytical techniques such as flow cytometry, PCR, cell counts is essential
- Experience of haematopoietic lineage (e.g. hematopoietic progenitor cells, lymphocytes, NK cells)is advantageous
- Experience of novel cell processing (e.g. upstream processing) is advantageous
The company’s aim is to advance the cell & gene therapy sector to make the UK the place to commercialise these life changing therapies. They have the capabilities to take a therapy from the discovery phases, across the translational gap to the clinic and then through clinical trials to launch. Using their R&D expertise to achieve this along with their drive for innovation and continuously adopting the latest and most effective approaches. To complement their R&D efforts they have world class clinical operations, regulatory, health economics and market access expertise. Added to this they have developed a unique and highly successful GMP manufacturing facility based in Stevenage where collaborators can manufacture their therapies for clinical trial and commercial use.
They have a strong culture that is focused on collaborative and innovative working to deliver these life changing therapies to patients. As a company they offer excellent career development opportunities through their L&D programme that not only gives you the skills to advance your career but creates opportunities to take the step forwards to utilise them in a new position. Added to this they are continuing to expand as the demand for their expertise increases and they explore new areas of the sector.