They are seeking a Scientist to join their Viral Vector Process Development team which is expanding to meet the company’s growing ambitions and delivery of these life changing therapies. What is key is that you will be using your scientific expertise in this role to actively influence the translation of the therapies.
- Contribute to the design and execute experimental programmes for the optmisations of mammalian processes for novel viral vector production
- Run and contribute to the optimisation of the scale up of processes (10L – 200L) to confirm process performance.
- Work in close collaboration with the R&D, Cell Line Development, DSP, Manufacturing Development and Quality Groups as a responsible member of the USP team.
For this opportunity you will need:
- A PhD or MSc / BSc in a relevant scientific area
- Experience of working on Upstream Process Development of Viral Vectors – e.g., AAV, Lentiviral, Adenoviral, and Retroviral
- Experience of running mammalian suspension cell culture – both fed batch and batch process development.
- Exposure to the optimisation and control strategies of upstream process development
- Exposure to the development of basal medium & feed control and optmisation strategies is advantageous to your application.
The company are privately held and are focused on harnessing the potential of exosomes because of the natural delivery capabilities and develop a new class of therapeutics. Their mission is to positively impact human health, which is an ethos that drives all they do, to treat challenging diseases with limited treatment options. They have the technology and ability to modify exosomes using their proprietary technology such as molecular engineering, drug loading, and targeting strategies. With the purpose to facilitate the delivery of therapies to the areas of interest such as the brain and central nervous system.
This approach addresses the short comings of other delivery methods because therapies can be delivered to cells and tissues that are out of reach to current methods including protein, antibody and nucleic acid-based therapies. To complement the science the company has a fantastic culture that invests in people but importantly the laboratories to ensure they stay at the forefront of the sector. Offering a rewarding career at the cutting edge of science where you can develop your career over time as they continue to develop.