They are seeking a Senior Analytical Development Scientist to join their Viral Vector team which is expanding in line with the company's growth plans. As a Senior member of the team you will have the chance to use your scientific expertise to develop a range of analytical methods because this team also supports CMC testing, batch release, and analytical method transfer to CMO’s.
- Lead the development, optimisation, and validation of analytical methods for use in process development, CMC, batch release and transfer to 3rd parties for example.
- Design and execute experimental programmes for the development and optimisation of analytical assays to ensure the products are of the right quality and potency.
- Mentor and supervise more junior members of the team.
- Key contributor to the transfer and validation of methods to cGMP environments.
- Work in close collaboration with the R&D, Cell Line Development, DSP, Manufacturing Development and Quality Groups as a responsible member of the USP team.
Key Experience & Qualifications:
For this opportunity you will need:
- A PhD or MSc / BSc in a relevant scientific area
- Experience of working on Analytical Development / Characterisation of Viral Vectors – e.g., AAV, Lentiviral, Adenoviral, and Retroviral
- Experience in the use of ddPCR / PCR or FACS or Flow Cytometry for example
- Expertise in the development of cell based assays
- Experienced in the application of DoE and QbD methods.
The company are privately held and are focused on harnessing the potential of exosomes because of the natural delivery capabilities and develop a new class of therapeutics. Their mission is to positively impact human health, which is an ethos that drives all they do, to treat challenging diseases with limited treatment options. They have the technology and ability to modify exosomes using their proprietary technology such as molecular engineering, drug loading, and targeting strategies. With the purpose to facilitate the delivery of therapies to the areas of interest such as the brain and central nervous system.
This approach addresses the short comings of other delivery methods because therapies can be delivered to cells and tissues that are out of reach to current methods including protein, antibody, and nucleic acid-based therapies. To complement the science the company has a fantastic culture that invests in people but importantly the laboratories to ensure they stay at the forefront of the sector. Offering a rewarding career at the cutting edge of science where you can develop your career over time as they continue to develop.