- Senior Chemistry Quality Technician
- Chatteris, Cambridge
- Major Chemical manufacturing organisation
- Direct reporting to Quality Manager and part of a small department
- Maintenance and validation of materials and equipment, together with checking data and assisting 3rd party maintenance of the labs
- Chemistry background ESSENTIAL
Do you have an educational background in Chemistry, knowledge of different analytical equipment and some ISO experience? A brand new role has arisen for an Senior Chemistry Quality Technician for a growing organization looking to expand their Chemistry department. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to take on more responsibility and step up into a senior position.
The company has an unparalleled reputation for providing detailed chemical and nutritional analysis. This includes a wide range of nutritional tests, modern high tech laboratory equipment and experienced and qualified staff, clients have the added support of laboratories holding UKAS accreditation for the majority of tests carried out.
Reporting directly to the Chemistry Quality Manager, you will support the preservation of the Quality Management System within the Chemical laboratory on a day to day basis.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Examine daily records relating to balances, pipettes, dispensers, pH meters, ovens, incubators, water baths, fridges and freezers on a monthly basis.
- Validate the internal calibration of balances, timers and thermometers.
- Maintain the register of new equipment and the archiving of records. In addition arranging collection of archived records by the external archiving contractor.
- Manage internal and external quality control samples including the set-up for the laboratory.
- Maintain the EQA register and respective trending chart.
- Log any events/actions on QUETRAC.
- Be responsible for the coordination and documentation of investigations arising from anomalies, AQC/EQA failures and to ensure timely submission to the Chemistry Quality Manager.
- Support the Chemistry Quality Manager in performing site/group audits and managing site schedules.
- Generate and maintain the equipment service and calibration schedule.
- Perform Weekly Spot Check and Quarterly Compliance Checks.
- Manage completion and effectiveness checks of all corrective and preventive actions.
Additional tasks based upon previous experience and qualifications could be as following:
- Manage the site audit schedules, and carry out both Technical and Quality audits on site and at other ALS Food & Pharmaceutical UK sites upon request.
- Perform validation work on site and/or at Group level.
- Provide the Chemistry Quality Manager with updates and KPI’s upon request.
- Be involved in UK Group Projects.
- Manage Change Control and Risk management on site when required.
- To be successful in this role you will have:
- Chemistry background and a desire to progress your career
- Experience in being apart of audits and reporting to management
- Good written and verbal communication skills (internally and externally).
- High level of reporting and writing skills.
- Very high attention to detail and methodical approach to the task.
- Organisational skills of multi-tasks and multi-people.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritising task and able to work to deadlines.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and represent the interests of the Quality Management department in challenging situations and / or when challenged by people.
Analytical Support, QC, Dissolution, Calibration, UV, GLP, GMP, Wet Chemistry, Titration, Stability, Filtration, Chemistry, Chemist, HPLC, GC, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical, Science, Quality Control, Sterile, Aseptic, Chromatography, Chatteris, Cambridge, Huntingdon, March, Ely.
This is a Permanent position