Position title: Senior Human Factors Engineer
Package: A highly competitive salary (based on experience) and an annual company bonus
Reports to: Head of Product Development
The Senior Human Factors Engineer will work with our group of experienced engineers, to define, refine and evaluate the full usability of the company products. Have the ability to formulate precise evaluations and have a strong capability for end to end reporting. Ensure the company systems, work methods, and environments take into account the safety, comfort, and productiveness of human users and operators. Understand how Human Factors Engineering forms an integral part the product development process. A passion for Human Factors, usability, user-centered design and user research.
Relevant Knowledge and Skill requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher preferably in Human Factors Engineering, Usability Engineering, Ergonomics, Psychology or Engineering. Any other bachelor’s degree with relevant experience will also be considered.
- You will have experience of working within a medical product development environment. 3-5 years experience in Human Factors / Usability engineering and/or product design, development, or testing; experience with medical devices
- A strong understanding of the medical device product development process and human factors requirements for regulatory submissions according to IEC 62366, as well as strong skills and experience of analytical human factors activities such as task analysis and use-related risk management.
- Knowledge and experience of designing and conducting formative evaluations and other validation studies, including conducting one-to-one interviews with end users. Experience of writing technical protocols and reports to a high standard and strong communication skills. Experience in analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Ability to connect effectively in person and remotely through verbal and written presentations
- Availability to travel domestically and internationally when necessary
Bring a human factors perspective to our design work and provide expert human factors reviews as needed, covering usability and ergonomics.
Contribute to the creation and adoption of new research methods and tools.
Organize and conduct formative usability assessments of concepts and prototypes to feed further design refinements. Conduct and carefully document usability activities such as task analysis, use error analysis, formative and summative usability evaluations. Conduct research to explore and evaluate desired experiences, analyse research data, present findings, and make prioritized design recommendations.
A strong understanding of the product development process for medical devices and human factors requirements for regulatory submissions is important, as well as strong skills and experience of analytical human factors activities such as task analysis, use-related risk management. The HF person needs to be able to look at the whole system.