Working closely with the Production, Project management and Procurement teams the Senior Material Planner/Controller will be responsible and accountable for ensuring that parts are received in a timely manner to meet the requirements of the business.
- Liaise with the production / project teams to create supplier delivery schedules.
- Establish and control live product delivery status reports utilising SAP. Including, purchase order status, lead time, supplier WIP and delivery status.
- Communication to Production and Project Teams on delivery status, highlighting and agreeing changes where required.
- Support production and project meetings with part delivery status.
- Management of suppliers regarding order acknowledgements, changes to due dates, delays or stoppages.
- Liaison with Buyers on order status and supplier performance.
- Confirmation of acceptance with Buyers when changes to contract have been notified.
- Update of SAP purchase orders including expediting notes and relevant attachments.
- To understand and comply with Company policies and procedures including, but not limited to, ISO9001 and ISO14001.
- A highly skilled and experienced individual who is capable of controlling all aspects of parts scheduling and delivery achievements in a fast moving environment as well as a strong manufacturing supplier coordination knowledge.
- Able to maintain a strong working relationship with relevant internal staff and suppliers.
- Experience in materials planning and control.
- Proficient use of MS applications and ERP systems (SAP preferred).
- Excellent organisational skills and capable of managing own time.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of the automotive or military vehicle industry would be an advantage.
KEYWORDS: SENIOR MATERIALS PLANNER/CONTROLLER, SAP, MANUFACTURING, AUTOMOTIVE, MS APPLICATIONS, ERP, MATERIALS PLANNING, MATERIALS CONTROL, ISO14001, 1SO19001