Job DescriptionAlso open to contractors.
I am delighted to work with an exciting and successful research, design and development medical device consultancy. Working on developing intelligent specialised products for some of the biggest brands in medical, consumer and technology sectors. My client also offers the family feel culture and being able to gain new skills to grow your career.
- Create inventive, appropriate and practical technical concepts and assess feasibility
- Research, source and specify applicable technologies, suppliers, materials and processes
- Develop concepts into reliable and robust solutions; including 3D CAD modelling, math models and FEA/CFD, risk analysis and managing prototypes for testing
- Detail and specify design for manufacture; including engineering drawings, tolerances and specifications
- Create and control documents including presentations, reports and schedules
- Communicate and present work to clients
- Operate within the quality systems and wider regulatory framework
- 1st or 2:1 Master’s Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient in 3D CAD modelling (Solidworks or CREO)
- Familiar with materials and processes including moulding, casting, machining and fabrication
- Ability with Engineering Analysis (FEA/CFD) and tolerance calculations
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Some experience of managing projects and the work of others.
- Structural, mechanism and fluid technology
- System level design including electronics and software integration
- Projects with significant quality & regulatory requirements (e.g. medical device)