Senior Medical Writer
|Job Title:||Senior Medical Writer|
|Contact Name:||Sarah Memery|
|Job Published:||June 07, 2017 15:33|
This is a unique opportunity for a Senior Medical Writer, who is particularly interested in projects with a creative and commercial focus, to develop this role within a small, specialised medical education company.
As a core member of the delivery team, you will be responsible for editorial development of educational materials produced in both traditional (slide decks, booklets, meeting materials, supplements) and digital (websites, webinars, video) formats. You will be working closely with programme teams, clients and medical experts to define the content development process and ensure all materials are written to the highest scientific quality.
My client is a small, independent company, centred on producing high-quality medical education programmes for our clients at national and international level.
• Content development of medical education materials, including but not limited to: slide decks, patient and HCP materials, digital media (websites, webinars), meeting materials (agendas, invitations, delegate booklets), advisory board reports and publications (supplements/reviews)
• Lead delivery of assigned projects, including taking responsibility for development process, review, approval and adherence to timelines and quality standards
• Client and author/speaker liaison in respect to assigned projects
• Responsible for accurate and timely delivery of scientific content within assigned projects, to brief, and in accordance with agency and industry standards, and good publication practices
- Clear understanding of the clinical evidence that underlies each product, key supporting data and clinical studies, as well as that for the key competitors
- Good working knowledge of scientific materials and data presentation formats – ability to develop and critique for scientific accuracy
- Strong capability in scientific writing and communication of scientific concepts, including accurate sourcing and referencing of medical information
- Understanding of the development process for medical education materials, including industry standards for working with external speakers/authors, and internal review and approval processes (medical review, zinc etc.)
- Ability to adapt writing style to different audiences (patients, HCPs, nurses, clinical specialists, internal vs external audiences etc.)
- Attendance at project planning meetings and author/speaker briefings
- Onsite attendance at scientific meetings, as required
- Development of meeting reports, including advisory boards, symposia and standalone meetings
In addition to Project delivery, Client liaison, Speaker/author liaison you will be responsible for project and financial delivery. This is a great opportunity to develop the editorial division and be part of my client’s future success.
Education: Degree level or equivalent in medical or biological sciences.
Experience: At least 18 months’ medical writing/content development experience, either in a Medical Communications agency or pharmaceutical company environment.
Interested? Please get in touch with your CV for a full job description and company overview.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Medical Director, Clinical Development - Cell & Gene Therapy
Senior Regulatory Affairs Officer
Up to £45,000 plus comprehensive benefits
Senior Scientist - Gene Editing
£40000 - £46000 per annum, Benefits: bonus, pension, life insurance, health insurance, 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
Senior Oncology Research Nurse/Site Manager
£40000 - £45000 per annum
Senior Quality Assurance Specialist - GMP Cell Therapies
£45000 - £53000 per annum, Benefits: bonus, pension, life insurance, health insurance, 28 days holiday