Senior Medical Writer required by Global Healthcare communications with UK office based in Central London. Are you an established Medical Writer ready for a step up within the industry? How about a new challenge this Spring?
My clients Medical Education team are comprised of specialised account handlers and medical writers and produce a variety of science-based educational projects targeted at physicians and internal audiences on behalf of global pharmaceutical companies.
As a result of the team’s continued success, they are looking for an additional Senior Medical Writer to work on a variety of editorial projects to support pipeline and licensed prescription products. They manage the global publication plans to support a range of products that are licensed for the treatment of type 2 diabetes. The work involves planning, developing, tracking and managing the review process for abstracts and presentations for medical congresses and manuscripts for peer-reviewed medical journals.
They also manage both the global and US publication plans to support the treatment for idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). This involves planning, developing, tracking and managing the review process for abstracts and presentations for medical congresses and manuscripts for peer-reviewed medical journals. In addition, they organise educational events for physicians (both satellite symposia at medical congresses and stand-alone meetings) and deliver a modular e-learning programme for staff working on the product.
- Drafting, editing and referencing scientific/medical peer review publications (e.g. abstracts, posters, oral presentations, primary manuscripts on pre-clinical and Phase I-III data, reviews, book chapters) in line with guidance from authors
- Attaining and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of therapeutic areas and products of relevance to client accounts
- Checking and editing documents provided by other writers to ensure accuracy
- Managing approval of publications in line with client’s working practices and international guidelines
- Incorporating comments and answering queries on publications from authors and company reviewers
- Developing speaker briefs and slides for satellite symposium, stand-alone physicians meetings, and on-line physician education activities
- Publications planning, including gap analyses and needs assessments, development of scientific platforms and messages, and proposing content and target congresses/journals for publications
- Managing multiple editorial projects to deadlines and keeping tracking documents up to date
- Candidates must hold a Science degree, ideally in the biological sciences.
- Candidates will be experienced writers with at least 4 years’ experience in medical writing, including the development of manuscripts and reviews, within an agency environment
- Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Please get in touch with your CV firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Medical Writer, senior medical writer, MedComms, Medical communications, medical education, MedEd Agency, Healthcare Communications, publications, manuscripts, strategic publication planning,symposium, KOL, PhD, BSc, Medical Information, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceutical Marketing, Healthcare Marketing, Oncology, Diabetes, RX, ethical health, MedComms Agency, MedComs Agency, Medical Education Agency, Med Ed Agency, Science, congress, symposium, abstracts, posters, oral presentations, primary manuscripts on pre-clinical and Phase I-III data