They are seeking a Senior Scientist to be the technical lead for this group be taking ownership of the development of assays, provision of analytical services on commercial & internal R&D programmes across the company. This position offers exposure across the company due to its profile to enable you to accelerate the development of your career to a leadership or more technical role. A factor which makes this opportunity unique.
As a Senior Scientist you will design and execute experimental programmes for specific projects supervise more junior members of the team and train others across the company. With a dual focus on the development of new platforms and management of commercial collaborations.
- Operate as the Technical Lead and subject matter expert for the analytics for cell & gene therapy products.
- Work with the Head of Bio Manufacturing to design and then execute experimental programmes.
- Lead the day-to-day operations of analytical sciences, working with the Head of Bio – Manufacturing.
- Work cross departmentally to develop analytical methods used in a range of projects.
- Lead the development, validation, standardisation, and optimisation of assays.
- Supervise more junior members of the team.
- Work with other sites to align analytical processes between sites and fully utilise the companies capabilities.
- Assays used includes qPCR, ELISA, Cell Based Assays, Flow Cytometry, NGS, Molecualr Biology Assays
Skills & expertise:
They are seeking a scientist with the following experience:
- PhD or MSc in a relevant scientific area – molecular / cell biology
- Experience if analytical development in a relevant scientific area e.g. viral vector, ATMP, cell therapy, gene therapy, CART – T, T cells, VLP, etc,
- Experience of analytical assays used in a Bio pharmaceutical setting either all / most of or some of the following - qPCR, ELISA, Western Blot, Cell Based Assays, Flow Cytometry, FACS, and NGS for example.
- Experience in the supervision of others or line management or equivalent leadership.
- Experience in the training of analytical techniques and SOP writing
- Experience of automation is advantageous
The company are a pioneering Biotech based on the outskirts of Oxford and Biotech who are developing technologies aimed at accelerating the discovery and manufacture of Cell & Gene Therapies. Their discovery technologies help develop CAR – T, CRISPR, Antibody Discovery, and Capsid R&D programmes to aid their translation to the clinic. Their manufacturing expertise aims to accelerate the development of scalable manufacture of lentiviral AAV or adenoviral based therapeutics.
They have a strong culture that is focused on scientific excellence and innovation working in a collaborative environment to ensure they continue to develop new concepts. They have a strong rewards and recognition programme ranging from on-the-spot rewards to recognising long term achievements. As a company they offer excellent career progression based on not only their expansion plans but also their track record for regular promotions, as well as providing training needed to be able to take the next step in your career.