Job DescriptionA truly pioneering Biotech who have developed automated mammalian cell engineering technologies and their application to accelerate the development and manufacture of unique Antibody Therapies, Gene Therapies, and CRISPR / Gene Editing automated methods. Are seeking a Senior Scientist to play a key role in their R&D programmes for the development of novel antibodies using the latest display technologies, gene editing and lentiviral vectors.
Based in Oxford you will be part of a developing team that is increasing in size that has developed and is developing step changing antibody therapeutics. As evidenced by their recently commercialised mammalian display platform. The core focus of the Senior Scientist role is to continue its development by using it to identify or affinity mature novel antibody therapeutics for their ongoing commercial projects. As a Senior Scientist you will influence the design or projects, their direction and supervise more junior members of the team. With a dual focus on the development of new platforms and management of commercial collaborations.
The responsibilities of the Senior Scientist - includes:
- Designing and executing mammalian display experimental programmes in collaboration with commercial partners.
- Cloning of antibody sequences into lentiviral or expression plasmids
- Over expression of antibodies such as syFy FAB or IgC formats to determine biophysical properties of target binders.
- Utilise your molecular biology expertise to design and generate antibody libraries.
- Cell line engineering techniques through the use of lentiviral transduction and sorting.
- Lead and execute lentiviral transfections and harvesting of lentiviral preparations.
- Use of flow cytometry and PCR for the titration of lentiviral samples.
- FACS techniques for the sorting of mammalian cell cultures.
- Direct and supervise more junior members of the team.
They are seeking a scientist with the following experience:
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in a relevant area that has given you strong molecular biology skills and deep understanding of antibody biology.
- Expertise of mammalian cell culture, immunostaining, and flow cytometry
- Expertise in the use of FACS
- Experience of recombinant protein expression technologies for target proteins – specifically membrane proteins or antibodies
- Expertise in antibody engineering, function, and structure
- If you have experience of library design and / or antibody display then this is advantageous to your application.
The company are a pioneering Biotech based on the outskirts of Oxford and are reimagining what is possible with mammalian cell engineering to accelerate the discovery, development and manufacture of cell & gene therapies. With a particular focus on the development of Antibody therapeutics, lentiviral, AAV and adenoviral vectors.
They have the capability to conduct robust mammalian cell engineering with their automated and informatics driven approaches means they can solve problems no one else can. They have developed advanced platforms provide market leading expertise in support of the development of gene therapies, antibody-based therapeutics and the application of CRISPR / gene editing technologies.
They have a strong culture that is focused on scientific excellence and innovation working in a collaborative environment to ensure they continue to develop new concepts. They have a strong rewards and recognition programme ranging from on the spot rewards to recognising long term achievements. As a company they offer excellent career progression based on not only their expansion plans but also their track record for regular promotions, as well as providing training needed to be able to take the next step in your career.