They are developing treatments that cure common and unique allergies through vaccinations, using their pioneering technology that they continue to develop and exploit its potential. They have developed an innovative approach to immunotherapy which will be of particular interest to someone with a passion for scientific innovation. Added to their focus on innovation they have a number therapies on the market as well as those progressing through clinical trials.
These roles are based within their Development Team which is central to the discovery, manufacture, and testing of their therapies. With the purpose to develop analytical methods to be used within the Innovation, Quality and Manufacturing departments or identify solutions to problems that arise during manufacture for example.
As a Senior Scientist you will be leading a small team with the responsibility for their day-to-day direction, development, compliance, and scientific support.
- Lead, motivate and supervise the team.
- Develop, plan, and execute, projects to ensure timely delivery against objectives.
- Support the development of technical methods – ELISA and SDS Page for example.
- Manage compliance and documentation to Regulatory standards.
- Work in collaboration with QC, Manufacturing and R&D Departments.
- Support the Training & Development of the team.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the sector.
Desired Skills and Experience
For this opportunity you will need:
- Supervisory or Line Management experience
- Method Development and Validation experience
- Biochemistry expertise ELISA, SDS Page, Western Blot for example.
- This is complemented by basic chemistry experience – HPLC, GC for example
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in relevant discipline e.g. Biochemistry or Molecular Biology
- Data analysis expertise using
A pioneering Europe-based Pharmaceutical organisation specialising in the treatment and prevention of allergies. Their unique focus is on the vaccination and prevention of conditions such as hay fever and their products are fascinating, complex and ever-changing. The company employs around 300 people in Worthing, West Sussex and has an excellent reputation for providing career development opportunities, challenging and engaging work and a pleasant, vibrant working environment.