They are continuing to develop and expand their Process Development capabilities as their pipeline progresses towards GMP manufacture. They are seeking a Senior Scientist to join their Cell Line Development team with the focus on creating highly productive and robust cell lines. As a Senior Scientist you will be a technical lead and viewed as a subject matter expert of cell line development. With the responsibility for leading a small team in their day to day operations. Importantly you will have input into the design of experimental programmes, influence the direction of projects and research.
- Be a key part in the development of projects for cell line development.
- Provide scientific guidance to junior team members and wider Process Development Group.
- Develop cell lines for the manufacture of Viral Vectors e.g. HEK293
- Apply cloning techniques such as Golden Gate, Gibson Assembly or others.
- Apply screening of cell lines and development of techniques.
- Use analytical methods such as flow cytometry / FACS.
- Work collaboratively with other team members within the Process Development Group.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- PhD or MSc in relevant scientific field
- Relevant experience of cell line development e.g. HEK293 or CHO cells
- Experience of constructing and evaluating recombinant mammalian cell lines for recombinant molecule production. Preferably for Lentiviral / Retroviral vectors but this is not essential.
- Practical knowledge of mammalian expression systems for the production of recombinant molecules.
- Experience of flow cytometry and its application for cell line development.
- Experience with advanced molecular biology techniques e.g. NGS / DNA sequencing
- Experience in the mentorship / leadership of junior team members.
The company are a pioneering and ambitious Biopharmaceutical company who have developed next-generation, programmed T-cell therapies to treat haematological cancers and solid tumours. Scientifically, the company has extremely exciting technologies, using a broad suite of proprietary and modular T-cell programming to engineer precisely targeted, controlled and highly active T cells. Commercially, they have a pipeline of product candidates in development (for the treatment of haematological malignancies and solid tumours) and is increasing its GMP production capacity. Based in a state-of-the-art facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, you will join a team that is doing something genuinely meaningful.