They are seeking a Senior Downstream Process Development Scientist to join their Viral Vector team which is expanding as the company moves forwards. What is key is that you will be using your scientific expertise in this role to actively influence the translation of the therapies.
- Lead the development and optmisation of scalable commercial DSP processes to produce high quality novel viral vector products.
- Technical & scientific leadership of downstream process development and transfer into CMC or GMP manufacture.
- Take ownership for the resolution of scientific and technical complications that do / could affect production.
- Work in close collaboration with the R&D, Cell Line Development, DSP, Manufacturing Development and Quality Groups as a responsible member of the USP team.
Key Experience & Qualifications:
For this opportunity you will need:
- A PhD or MSc / BSc in a relevant scientific area
- Experience of working on Downstream Process Development and / or purification of Viral Vectors – e.g., AAV, Lentiviral, Adenoviral, and Retroviral
- Experience of chromatography systems such as AKTA. With an understanding of other techniques such as IEX / SEC / HIC and Affinity
- Expertise of analytical techniques such as SDS – Page and Western Blotting
- Experience of tangential flow filtration is desirable but not essential.
- Experience of DSP to pilot scale is advantageous but not essential.
The company are privately held and are focused on harnessing the potential of exosomes because of the natural delivery capabilities and develop a new class of therapeutics. Their mission is to positively impact human health, which is an ethos that drives all they do, to treat challenging diseases with limited treatment options. They have the technology and ability to modify exosomes using their proprietary technology such as molecular engineering, drug loading, and targeting strategies. With the purpose to facilitate the delivery of therapies to the areas of interest such as the brain and central nervous system.
This approach addresses the short comings of other delivery methods because therapies can be delivered to cells and tissues that are out of reach to current methods including protein, antibody, and nucleic acid-based therapies. To complement the science the company has a fantastic culture that invests in people but importantly the laboratories to ensure they stay at the forefront of the sector. Offering a rewarding career at the cutting edge of science where you can develop your career over time as they continue to develop.