They are seeking a Senior Scientist who will be a key part in the development of their therapies and their transition from Discovery to Clinical Trials and GMP Manufacture. This is an influential role with the responsibility for leading a small team and the development of manufacturing processes for their next generation of life changing products.
The core responsibilities are:
- Provide leadership, technical expertise and practical approaches to the Process Development Team
- Design, conduct, optimise and evaluate new processes for manufacture in a GMP environment.
- Improve the existing process design focusing on efficiency and quality
- Supervise and mentor more junior members of staff.
- Manage multiple, complex multi-party projects at a time.
- Manage and support external collaborators as a subject matter expert.
- Prior experience of Process Development within a Cell or Gene Therapy or Relatable environment.
- Expertise in cell based techniques including flow cytometry.
- Experience of developing automated or closed systems or using equipment such as prodigy.
- Expertise in Immunology and cell therapies.
- Minimum BSc and relevant experience within process development.
- Experience of leading / supervising a small team.
The company have developed unique T – Cell technologies that are innovative and life changing for patients that suffer from autoimmune and inflammatory diseases. As well as having the potential to prevent the rejection of new organs following transplant. This technology is based on modular, engineered Tregs.
They are engineering T – Cells ex vivo that suppress the immune system and have the ability to direct the cells to the right area of the body. They are now expanding their operations as their cell therapies progress to clinical trials, develop their pipeline further and develop manufacturing operations for Phase I trials.
As a company they are led by some of the leading minds in their field are driven and committed to the development of therapies that are life changing to patients. With the vision to develop a global biopharmaceutical company that is bringing cell therapies for a range of diseases beyond their current pipeline.