This is a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for wanting to combine technology and Artificial Intelligence (AI) to maximise the return on investment made in chemistry every year. This international client provides retrosynthesis and reproducibility software for chemistry and drug discovery. They have developed and are commercialising data rich platform technologies for the digitization of chemistry. They have offices in France, the UK and Germany and are currently approximately 50 in size.
This is the perfect opportunity for anyone who is wanting to be part of a pivotal breakthrough within the chemistry industry. On offer is a highly competitive salary with extensive benefits including remote working, quick career progression and the ability to use emerging technology within the life science industry.
- Develop and maintain scalable and secure web-based applications using Java in the backend and ReactJS in the frontend.
- Contribute to the full software development lifecycle, from story mapping to test and deployment.
- Participate in code reviews and provide constructive feedback to team members.
- Active participation in technical and architectural discussions.
- Work to improve agile practices, testing, planning, and reporting of software.
- Debug and resolve technical issues.
- Guide junior developers in the team.
- 4+ years of experience in developing APIs with Spring Boot.
- Strong experience with React or a similar frontend framework.
- Demonstrated capability in delivering complete features, from ideation to launch, independently.
- Passion for writing clean, well-tested, and robust code.
- Experience with cloud computing, including deployment and management of applications on cloud platforms such as Google Cloud, AWS, or Azure.
- Extensive experience working in an agile development environment.
- Understanding of web application security and experience implementing security measures such as authentication, authorization, and encryption.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery.