- Manage calibration services, installation and commissioning of monitoring systems
- Permanent role with a growing Electronics Manufacturer in West Sussex
- Full 12 month structured training programme
- Extensive travel across different sites in the UK and international occasionally
- Minimum of ONC in an Electrical or Mechanical discipline ESSENTIAL
- Full UK driving licence ESSENTIAL
- Knowledge of temperature and humidity calibration PREFERRED
- £21,000 (potentially slightly higher if you have more experience)
- Excellent opportunity for career progression
Alex Dobson is recruiting for a brand new, exciting job opportunity for a hard-working, engaging individual, to join an expanding Electronics Manufacturer based in West Sussex that services. You will be responsible for implementation of services, calibration and qualification work on different sites, and being the main contact for customers. The company offers extensive ongoing training, enabling you to progress within the business and develop your expertise in IQ, PQ and other calibration / validation functions.
An electronics manufacturer providing innovative solutions for monitoring environmental conditions throughout perishable goods supply chains within the UK and Ireland. The monitoring process consists of measuring, recording and managing data. Then, based on the stability criteria, the data is assessed for release or alarm. The company’s solutions result in the lowest total cost of ownership for their customers while ensuring compliance and maximum efficiency. The main industries they serve are in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sectors as well as the environmental management, biobanking & life sciences and the food industries. They provide industries with solutions for laboratory, production, storage and transportation through to the end user. Their ultimate goal is to constantly improve the market and customer orientation. They adhere to ISO9000/17025 guidelines and GMP/GLP requirements for the pharmaceutical industry as well as UKAS accreditation.
The role of a Service Technician is varied and hands-on, requiring both technical ability and strong communication skills. Your main duties will include:
- Implementation of services and on-site calibrations
- Installation and commissioning of monitoring systems
- Implementation and qualification of data loggers and sensors
- IQ/OQ of hardware and software
- Implementation of factory calibrations and ISO 17025 calibrations
- Creating the necessary documentation to support calibrations using the company’s ERP system
- Installation and connection of accessories products, such as Auto Diallers, UPS, Cabinets, Beacons
- Offering a full spectrum of client support and customer care
- Undertaking structured training courses under supervision of your Team Leader
You will need to have a minimum of an ONC in electrical and mechanical discipline or fundamental training as an Electrician. You will have to have a technical mindset and excellent communication skills to consult with customers. In addition, experience of working in a calibration or validation role in a regulated manufacturing / supply environment (e.g. ISO17025, ISO9001, GMP etc) is advantageous. You must be flexible and adaptable, with the ability to travel to customer sites at short notice if required. Experience in training clients in CMS and calibration would be preferable. Above all else, we are looking for a bright and ambitious individual who not only has strong technical skills but also an excellent client-facing manner.
This is a permanent position.