Responsible for providing first level triage support for all study (IVRE, IXRS, and/or EDC) systems, and serve as a cross-functional point of contact for all system inquiries, perform root-cause analysis on any study issues reported, and facilitate solutions/remediations as appropriate. Software Developers work with other members of the team to deliver products and services.
Job Specific Responsibilities
- Act as primary point of contact for all live system inquiries and requests.
- Monitor ticketing system (i.e. SMART) and respond to/prioritize all inquiries.
- Provide regular feedback on progress reports through the ticketing system.
- Facilitate communication with all active participants on an as needed basis.
- Perform root-cause-analysis on all system issues and inquiries (including but not limited to outages, client inquiries, unexpected system behaviour, performance problems, etc.)
- Be well versed in all system components (Study System, Components, SUM, WDR, CSM, iGateway, etc.), processes (SDLC, ALM, etc.) and tools and have a clear understanding of the role that each plays.
- Perform ad-hoc data extractions required for client support. If the duration/complexity of the task is determined to exceed agreed upon parameters Triage Developer to facilitate completion with appropriate study personnel.
- Expeditiously utilize elevated permissions, if/when granted, to research and remediate problems on all hardware/software systems.
- Participate in and provide information during client/internal audits on an as needed basis.
- Partner with NPS Application Support, Database Administrators (DBA), and Network and Infrastructure (NCT) for any issues that require system wide remediation.
- Support and maintain existing internal System Development toolset including internally built and commercial off the shelf (COTS) products.
- Design, develop, and support ad hoc tool set to perform tasks for the maintenance and maturity of the development platform on an as needed basis. Adhere to the existing Almac CT software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Implement processes to reduce opportunities for single points of failure (SPOF). This includes documenting remediation process and mentoring team members.
- Third Level Qualification in Computer Science, or a related subject
- Basic experience and understanding of developing applications using the following: Microsoft SQL Server; ASP.NET MVC; C#; Entity Framework; LINQ; Service Oriented Architoecture (SOA); and a Service Bus technology
Desirable Criteria (The following criteria may be applied if a large pool of applicants exist)
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related subject
- Basic understanding in developing applications that use automated unit testing or unit testing/mocking frameworks OR have performed test driven development techniques and practices
- Experience within the Clinical Technology, Life Sciences, or Software industries
- Understanding of the use of IXRS in Clinical Trials
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Basic understanding of any of the following: Agile development methodologies, specifically SCRUM; Domain driven design; Distributed event-driven design; NService Bus and Microsoft Message Queue (MSMQ); HTML, Java Script and JQuery