Looking for a competent Software Engineer seeking to apply their expanding software development expertise to the development of exciting new products and technologies. Ideally you will be an ambitious software engineer, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Collaboration is vital to how they work, as is the specific skill that each individual brings to their team. You will be a team-player, passionate about mechanics, life science and technologies. You’ll enjoy problem-solving and working in a fast-paced, varied consultancy environment. You’d also have to feel confident when discussing project objectives and challenges with all stakeholders, including clients.
Relevant knowledge, Skills and Competencies
While you do not need to fulfil all of these, please ensure you meet the majority before making an application.
- A 2:1 Bachelor’s degree or above in Computing, Software Engineering or related degree
- A good understanding of software engineering best practice and software design
- Experience of commonly used frameworks and tools (React, Node.js etc.)
- Experience with RESTful services
- Experience working with version control and bug tracking systems such as Git and Jira A
- Experience of working in a consultancy environment
- Medical device development experience including developing safety critical software to EN 62034 and the related ISO 14971 standards
- Experience of App development for Android or iOS
- Some experience developing embedded software in C/C++
- Experience setting up and working with test frameworks and systems e.g. Jenkins, JUnit etc.
- Knowledge or experience of applying machine learning or AI to solve problems
- Some experience with other commonly used languages such as Python