I am looking for a Supply Chain Project Manager who will be responsible for executing, controlling, evaluating to completion of projects. You will determine the resources (time and money) required to complete the project, liaise with key stakeholders, third parties and leaders. Maintain partnerships with procurement, vendors and vendor management teams to ensure contract compliance and vendor performance expectations are met through project execution and through to project completion. Make decisions and adjustments to the projects as necessary.
My client is looking for someone who can effectively lead and influence peers, third parties and leaders, a forward thinker and able to hit the ground running with extensive Project Management experience. A supply chain background would be great but it’s not essential. Experience with SAP, Jira, Tableau or Power BI would be a plus. Global experience is essential as well as a Project Management qualification.
The role is a 12 month fully remote contract position. However, there maybe times when you will need to commute to sites across the EU only when required. For a highly experienced Supply Chain Project Manager who can fulfil all of the essential criteria, is a competitive day rate ranging up to £430 per day depending on experience which equivalents to £78,000. It is likely that this position could be extended or made permanent towards the end of the contract.
Key Responsibilities for the Project Manager role:
- Execute and control the project plan via core PMI project management activities, financial tracking and reporting (experience with SAP is plus), resource forecasting and management, and project timeline development and maintenance.
- Define and maintain the scope of the project in collaboration with other staff members.
- Key to success will be ability to build networks and relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Create and manage a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete project.
- Determine the resources (time, money, equipment, etc) required to complete the project.
- Develop a schedule (MS Project Server) for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities.
- Review the project schedule with senior management and all other staff and key partners that will be affected by the project activities; revise the schedule as required.
- Determine the objectives and measures metrics upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion.
- Execute the project according to the project plan.
- Develop/identify forms and records to document project activities.
- Set up and maintain files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured.
- Track all project costs and manage the approval of all change requests.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization on the progress of the project.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards.
- Evaluate the project and make recommendations change and improvements as needed.
- Develop frequent progress reports and scorecards for review and alignment with the core project team.
- Maintain partnerships with procurement, key vendors, and vendor management teams to ensure contract compliance and vendor performance expectations are met throughout project execution and through to project completion.
- Effectively manage conflict resolution and optimize team dynamics
- The position may include the management of multiple, concurrent projects/sites.
- Also, may include leading accomplishment of certain project tasks directly, especially through facilitating discussions to drive decisions.
- BSc degree and extensive pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in Project Management and PMP certification would be preferable
- You will need to have strong communication skills, the ability to operate in a matrix organisation and to build relationships with third parties and stakeholders.
- You will need to have experience with Microsoft Teams, Smartsheet, Jira, Tableau or Power BI and if you have experience with SharePoint that would be advantageous
- You need to have the ability to work in an agile environment and able to hit the ground running
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01403 216216 where we/ I would be happy to tell you more about this exciting opportunity.