- UX / UI Designer
- Godalming, Surrey (2 minutes’ walk from train station)
- Brand new role in an expanding Ecommerce team
- Major Travel business
- Permanent role with competitive salary
- Benefits include 2 free holidays per year, booked through the company’s travel brands (this is potentially worth thousands!)
Are you an ambitious and creative UX / UI Designer? Are you sick of the London commute? A brand new opportunity has arisen with a leading brand in the Travel industry, with a site of around 180 people in Godalming, Surrey (2 minutes’ walk from the station). We are looking for an UX / UI Designer to support the optimisation strategy of well-established online B2C and B2B capability, and to help the business to deliver significantly improved conversion across all channels.
In addition to an excellent salary and benefits (including 2 paid-for vacations per year for 2 people, booked through one of the company’s holiday brands), because this is a new role in a growing Ecommerce team there will be considerable opportunity to progress your career and develop your skills.
Reporting to the Head of Ecommerce, you will take responsibility for producing best-in-class, customer-focused experiences across the company’s sites, and for supporting development work across their brands. You will have a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Leading a customer centric design approach, taking design work from concept to completion
- Working with the Head of Ecommerce to deliver performance improvements across all sites against agreed business targets
- Using user insight, analytics, best practice and competitor analysis to inform design decisions
- Successfully presenting and negotiating the vision to business stakeholders; presenting ideas in the most appropriate way – using sketches, wire frames, sitemaps, user flows, clickable prototypes or finished designs
- Collaborating effectively with the development team; delivering an appropriate level of specification needed to ensure high quality development on time
- Working in partnership with the marketing function to support multi-channel promotional activity and build understanding of effectiveness
- Getting involved in brand creation and working with marketing teams to create effective, cross-channel brand guidelines
- Supporting AB testing, optimising, understanding and enhancing the customer journey and experience
- Researching and sharing design trends within and outside the industry
You will interact closely with other departments across the business, so it is essential that you have strong communication skills and the ability to work alongside individuals at different levels. This is a varied role that requires a proactive, problem-solving approach to your work and the ability to manage your own time.
In addition to a competitive salary (which will be discussed on application), the company offers excellent career development opportunities and the following benefits:
- 25 days' holiday
- Two paid holidays for 2 people each year, one Winter and one Summer, through one of the company’s holiday brands (this is potentially worth thousands each year!)
- Company pension
The successful candidate will be a strong communicator who can demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of cross disciplinary design principles for UX / UI. You must be proficient in software such as Photoshop, Omnigraffle or similar, with the ability to code with HTML and CSS a strong advantage. Professional experience in an Ecommerce environment would be an advantage, together with experience of technical platforms and ways of working including Agile. In addition to the required skills outlined below, you will have a positive and engaging attitude as an absolute must to both motivate and inspire the business around you.
UX UI Designer, Travel, Godalming, Surrey, Guildford, London, Brighton, Photoshop, Omnigraffle, HTML, CSS, Ecommerce, E-Commerce
This is a permanent role